Be sure to plan your outfits completely at least a week before your session. Here are some guidelines for making great fashion choices. And we are here to help! Please feel free to contact us at any time with outfit questions or assistance!
* Choose a palette of 2-4 colors and mix it up, including both pants and dresses. You want a cohesive feel, without being overly 'matchy-matchy'.
* Choosing soft, lighter tones is recommended- soft pink and muted blues, mixed with light neutrals like heather gray, cream & leather brown look great on camera. For a bolder look, try colors like navy with a pop of red or mustard gold.
* Generally, sleeveless shirts & shorts on adults tend to not flatter, but layered clothing is fabulous. Fitted knee length or long flowy dresses photograph nicely as well as long pants for men.
* Lay out all of your outfits next to each other, including accessories, to make sure everything works well together.
* Make sure everything is clean, pressed and on hangers a day or two before your session.
* Remember, shoes will show in some of the photos and should be clean and stylish. MEN: white socks with dress shoes are a NO NO, as well as dress socks with tennis shoes.
* Neon colors, glitter and sequins are not recommended as they do not photograph well.
Babies & Kids
Choose layered clothing to add texture. Accessories that compliment the outfit- hats, headbands, bowties, etc. make for adorable photos. Make sure clothing is fitted and not baggy. Avoid busy patterns, neon colors and big logos.
Choose clothing that flatters your body type and coordinate well with the rest of the group. Fitted clothing in solid colors or subtle prints usually photograph best. Be sure to have your hair cut or colored a week or so before your session, if needed. Ladies, be sure your hair and make up freshly done for your session. Avoid sleeveless shirts and shorts as well as short dresses, which are harder to pose in. Logos, neon colors and bold patterns are not recommended, as well as sunglasses and transition lenses.